More Salt Cellars

I made my first salt cellar last week. It turned out ok but I wanted to make some improvements, so I tried again… Seven times. Four are walnut, two are an oak/walnut combination and one is maple/walnut. My first attempt had the compartment drilled with a forstner bit. I didn’t like the sharp edge where the side met the bottom. These started with the same forstner bit but I finished them with a bowl bit in my plunge router. The rounded corners made a huge difference. They are all finished with 4-5 coats of lacquer. I’m building up stock for a craft show in a few weeks so hopefully these sell well. Thanks for looking.

Woodworking Projects at LumberJocks.com


Read more